Skydive at Queenstown, NZ

There are too many things to blog about (I mean my trip to NZ). I'm just going to share about my skydiving experience with NZONE and probably the black water rafting in Waitomo Caves later.

We (my hubby and I, together with our tandem masters) were brought up into the sky. 12,000 feet above ground level. It was so high up that we were above the clouds. I wasn't sure if it's really getting colder or was it because I was too afraid, I feel really cold and scared to the max.

My tandem master is Chris. He has jumped about 6000 times already. You need to jump at least 1000 times to become a master.

It's my very first time. So scared can!


Going to jump off the plane! WTH~

I am going to die lah!



My head gear was too loose and wind was rushing into my eyes, that's why I had difficulty opening them. And hence didn't look nice in many photographs. We were dropping at 400km/hr.

When I managed to fully open my eyes (the parachute was out), I saw a reallly good view of the place. It's so beautiful. Then Chris did a somersault in the air with me and I felt terribly giddy. I told him not to do it again as I feel like puking.

After the parachute was out , it's not scary anymore. But the initial jumping out of the plane and the actual falling (about 5 seconds) was still v scary. It is exactly the same feeling as the bungy jump.

If I can give a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being extremely scared, for skydive, it will be an 7.5. For bungy jump, a 9.

I told panpan I am not going to do any of these again. My heart almost failed and jumped out from my mouth.


As for him, i think he enjoys doing it so much, he doesn't mind working in NZ as a tandem master.

One jump costs NZ$329. We bought the photos and DVD of our jump too. It costs NZ$219. It's expensive but it's just for once. So both of us got the combo. We spent more than NZ$1090 (SG$1139) just on the skydive.

Comments

  1. Congrats babe!! Trust you had a fantastic honeymoon! I would love to try skydiving one day but I'll have to first get over the fear of jumping off the plane! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So FUN! Now you've tried both skydiving and bungee. I also wanna try at least once! NZ is a lovely place isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i didnt know skydiving is so expensive! but for the views, i think it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. NZ is really a lovely place. I would say so far better than US, Australia, Canada. They are very friendly and accepting to Asians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel! you so 勇敢!i hate the falling feeling(after experiencing the skyfall machine at the hk ocean park) so i dont think i will ever do bungee and sky dive!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment