Refund

How many of you actually check your receipt(s) after each purchase?

I bought some stuff from Guardians and before I left the shop (still within 2 metres away), I did a scan through my receipt, then realised that I have been overcharged for an item. I went back to the cashier (despite the queue) and spoke to the lady. She replied to say that the promotion was until yesterday and it's no longer on discount.

So I told her that I will not buy that item and I requested for a full refund (of that particular item). Then she said OK lar, will let me have the item at the promotional price. And thus she has to pay me back the difference.

Initially, I thought she will give me back cash. But she did a REFUND SLIP via my credit card. There was no cash transaction at all and the credit amount will be back into my credit card statement.




I am very surprised actually.


I really didn't know that the merchant can do such a thing. I was asked to leave my name, contact number and signature before I left. This whole process was settled within 5 minutes.

I find some merchants so unethical (not going to name any here). First they claimed that once they print out the Sales slip, it's as good as done deal, EVEN WHEN you HAVEN'T SIGN on it. Second, they claimed that even if you DID SIGN, they are unable to do a refund under all circumstances. And they say it's their so-called company policy.

Well, well....

What kind of bullshit!!!!

Anyway, thanks to that cashier at Guardians. She didn't even make a single phonecall to check with any supervisors / managers. She promptly returned me the excess payment and was very polite. I verbally thanked her twice for her service.

Comments

Post a Comment