Durian love

I have this extreme crave for durians that day. I almost wanted to chiong down to Goodwood Park's Durian Fiesta High Tea or Carlton's Hotel Durian Dessert or buy a truckload of durians to eat all by myself.

I even called up Emicakes (PS's branch), Angie's Choice and Carlton Hotel (coz near my workplace) to check if they have ready durian cake for sale. I don't mind getting it after I knock off from work immediately. But I was told that the durian cakes were out of stock.

Still, refusing to give up, I googled 'durian cake in Raffles Place'. And I found one shop called One Bakersworld. I called but no one picked up, so I hurried right down since 远水救不了近火... and I found it.





So I bought 3 boxes of pure durian slices and free 1 box of avocado and aloevera cake.


I bought the Avocado and Aloe Vera flavour for him and the rest in Durian flavour for myself, my parents and in-laws. The durian taste is quite mild (as compared to Rich and Good durian swiss roll) and more importantly, it's not sweet at all.

Good for people who doesn't like too strong a durian taste/smell.


 --------------------------------------------------------
And of course - even the nicest durian pastries cannot be compared to the REAL FRUIT.
I have tabao-ed and ate so many durians until I have lost count already.
Easily 25 durians (not hood, i mean the whole durian with thorns), not kidding SERIOUS.

Comments

  1. Is your durian crave an annual season of the year crave or is it coz you're expecting? I see durians everywhere now but I don't have the strong urge to eat them. I used to like durians a lot. Not so sure what happened. I tot it's either a you love it or hate it syndrome with no space of in-between?

    I feel like eating durian puff now... those with the fibre. Hmm... I'm better off savouring real durians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crave for durians all the time, even before pregnancy. Just that now, larger cravings for durians.

    The durian season will be over in August. Go get them while they're cheap now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment