Worthwhile friendship

Quote "It takes great effort to maintain a worthwhile friendship. Being truthful is an important element. But the acceptance level after being truthful depends on how strong this friendship is." Unquote

I met a friend over dinner the other day. She was sharing with me about some unpleasantness / misunderstandings between close friends etc. I totally felt her as I also had a similar misunderstanding with a friend recently.

For my case, it's more like she misunderstood me. Thankfully, she told me about it, instead of keeping it to herself. And I had the chance to clarify and explain myself. I'm sorry that my actions made her feel that way. I apologised immediately as that wasn't my intention and she got me wrong. Though, I didn't mean it, it's a fact that she was hurt by me... so I think I should apologise. Or should I say, I treasure her enough to put down my pride, talk things nicely and apologise.

I'm glad that she accepted the apology. I appreciate that truthfulness. Our friendship is going on strong and will be strong (as long as we avoid threading on some grounds). We'll move away from the unpleasantness and move on.

Just like the rainbow after the rain.

Comments