Review: Protox Wrinkle Solution


(left to right: Protox Serum, Night Cream Sunblock)

Key Ingredients:

  • Hyaluronic Booster Peptide stimulates hyaluronic acid to increase skin mass so that noticable wrinkle can be filled
  • Pro Collagen Complex which stimulates collagen fiber synthesis and substrate collagen synthesis with Pro collagen so that wide lines appear narrower
  • Protox Peptide works similar to Botox which helps minimising long lines so they seemed shorter

I am apprehensive about anti-ageing skincare because normally the ingredients are very much richer than normal skincare. I was afraid that I may breakout from this range. But was glad Protox's serum is watery type instead of rich cream. I applied the serum in the day. Texture is very light and it's not oily at all. It is also easily absorbed into the skin. After application, it doesn't feel heavy on skin.

texture of night cream

The texture of the night cream is richer (because its a cream) yet not as rich compared to most creams. I applied on my neck a thicker layer since the neck is often neglected. It was alright for me. There were no breakouts. (I apply on alternate days)

If you are very concerned whether anti-ageing products will suit your skin, apply them thinly on the neck area first and if there is no redness / irritation / stinging feeling after 15 minutes, it's safe to apply all over your face. If you are experiencing a potential breakout, take a break from the product and come back to it later.  However, stop applying or reduce the frequency if you sense something wrong. Always trust your gut feeling.



The sunblock is also watery and runny but it's slightly creamier than the Stim Cell (pink range) sunblock. I have been using for some time now, it didn't break me out. I would use the Protox sunblock when my skin feels drier and needs that extra moisturing / lift and the Stem Cell Sunblock on normal days.


Read about my review on the Stem Cell range here.

Protox and Stem Cell will be available in Guardians from mid December onwards. Check it out yeah! btw if you are a Rojukiss lover and travelling to Bangkok, remember to stock up. It's much cheaper there as compared to Singapore.


 
BEFORE

 AFTER


To be honest, I don't have that many fine lines. But it's good to start anti-ageing products early instead of seeking for solutions later. It'd be too late or harder to combat the problem. I used to take Meiji amino collagen regularly but have resulted in hair loss because of that. Later on, I changed to Plush! and Fancl.

Somehow, I realised that the best anti-ageing prevention is actually a regular exercise regime and keeping a positive mindset.



ps: Sharon, I will be giving you samples of this range to try (as mentioned in facebook)

Comments